Thursday, July 30, 2009

Not so sedentary Saturday

Recently the other SWIPIAW and I took part in a local bike race, the Fireweed 200. Not seriously, mind you. And it wasn't really as arduous as all that -- we did it as part of a four person* relay team, so an average of 50 miles each isn't really that bit a deal.

The view from the saddle was not particularly horrible (yours truly is in the foreground):




TOSWIPIAW and I cresting Thompson Pass, just before the descent into Valdez:



On the way back, we got an upclose and personal view of the Alaskan pipeline:




* To be exact, three women and me. My idea for the team name was "Three Squeezes and a Wheeze". "Team Big Love" was the winner, though.

2 Comments:

Blogger erp said...

Did I read you correctly, each member of the team did 50 miles up and down mountain roads? What a great adventure!

July 30, 2009 8:28 AM  
Blogger Hey Skipper said...

I did about 80, the rest a little less than fifty.

It was great fun, though. Doing it relay fashion meant no one got really tired.

July 30, 2009 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home