Saturday, February 24, 2007

A Classical Gas

Those of you post boomers of the Daily Duck family may not remember a very unique talent from the 1960s named Mason Williams. I got the Mason Williams Phonograph Album for Christmas in 1968 and fondly played it over and over for many years. He is known for his iconic hit of that year, Classical Gas. It was a wonderful instrumental piece, combining acoustic guitar and symphony in a very memorable, uplifting sound. I thought you would all enjoy a stroll down memory lane or a chance to hear a true original for the first time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hey Skipper said...

I got that very same album, and played it to death as well.

My attempts to learn how to play it on the guitar proved to me one very important thing: my musical talent started and stopped at the volume control on the stereo.

February 26, 2007 3:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great minds thhnk alike (or listen alike in this case).

February 26, 2007 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home