Thursday, January 14, 2010

Holiday Whingeing*

In my line of work, October through December are the busiest months of the year. That means being gone more than home, and completely losing about six nights sleep per month, never mind perpetual jet lag. My compatriots and I could earn a decent income as circadian rhythm disruption lab rats.

So, apropos of precisely nothing, the following describes my holiday, plus some original, on the scene, hide the children and lock the door reporting.

My Christmas eve:

Departing Seoul for Shanghai


Remember where you first heard it: Harry has gone viral:



I'm writing this on a Mac. Apple builds its reputation on refined look and feel. Okay, obviously I'll buy that, since I have. However, enquiring minds want to know why the heck the text editor flags (then, on occasion surreptitiously "corrects") words as being wrong, when they appear in the supplied dictionary. "Whingeing" is just one example. If I turn my back, it becomes "winging".

2 Comments:

Blogger Harry Eagar said...

What do you think about the study that says you cannot make up on lost sleep?

January 16, 2010 10:46 AM  
Blogger Hey Skipper said...

Do you have a link?

January 19, 2010 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home